Yoga can offer us so much. It is a truly balancing practice: simultaneously calming and energising; strengthening and softening. It can build resilience and melt stress - on the mat during sessions and off the mat in our everyday lives. The practices provide a space to back home to our selves, facilitate self-awareness and self-kindness, promote our natural healing abilities, and give us resources to manage the ups and downs of life. Yoga, in its various forms, is a wonderfully nourishing gift to give to ourselves, and I love sharing it with others.
My classes and sessions - whether restful or more dynamic in nature - are inspiring and supportive, as well as educational and fun! Most importantly, I always encourage us to listen within, sensing and honouring what feels right for each of us - Yoga is really a practice of awareness.
I am personally inspired by therapeutic practices which resource and balance us, and love sharing creative forms of Yoga Nidra, Yoga Somatics, Restorative Yoga, and intelligent Flow. As well as movement and meditation practices, I work therapeutically with clients using a range of powerful techniques, processes, and perspectives to support systemic health, and to manage symptoms of stress, anxiety, depression, trauma, exhaustion, or feeling 'stuck'. I'm currently completing my Professional Doctorate in Psychotherapy with the University of Edinburgh, for which I'm exploring the bridge between Psychotherapy and Yoga.
Within my Therapeutic Yoga offerings, I specialise in 'Womb Yoga' - empowering women through practices which support physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health throughout the cycles of life. I am particularly experienced in offering Yoga for Fertility, and Pregnancy, Birth and Postnatal support, and have completed Doula training to offer service in Birthkeeping.
I am honoured to have been able to study and work extensively with incredible teachers and therapists around the world. I take an integrative approach to my teaching, drawing inspiration from a range of traditions and styles, and synthesising the elements to best suit each unique student or gathering that comes together - while always teaching from my heart.
As much as I love to teach and share Yoga and associated practices, I am foremost a practitioner and student. I feel particularly indebted to Ateeka and Uma Dinsmore-Tuli, among others, for their continued inspiration and support. With their guidance, I am continuing my deepening into practices of awareness, somatic movement, and regenerative rest, as well as exploring the nature of energy and integration in the physical and subtle bodies.
Connection - with nature, culture, creatures, and the cycles and mysteries of our universe - fulfils and sustains me. When I'm not on my mat or buried in books, I love sharing conversation, good food, and laughter with my fellow adventurers in life. I also love to travel and explore new territories and possibilities - especially where there is warmth and sunshine!
Professional Development in Yoga, Yoga Therapy and Bodywork
- Relax and Renew® Advanced Training: Therapeutic Applications of Restorative Yoga - Judith H. Lasater, San Francisco, USA (2017)
- Donna Farhi Immersion: Moving from the Core - Donna Farhi, Edinburgh, Scotland (2017)
- Sadie Nardini Yoga Retreat - Sadie Nardini, Callander, Scotland (2017)
- Relax and Renew® Restorative Immersion - Lizzie Lasater and Adelene Cheong, Malaga, Spain (2017)
- Yoga Anatomy In Action! Workshop Series - Host and co-teacher (Yoga Nidra for enhanced learning integration) with Chris Kummer; Edinburgh, Scotland (2017)
- Creativity, Sexuality and the Cycles of our Lives CPD - Teaching Assistant to Uma DInsmore-Tuli, Oslo, Norway (2017)
- Total Yoga Nidra for Creativity and Vitality - Teaching Assistant to Uma Dinsmore-Tuli, Oslo, Norway (2017)
- Yoga for Fertility and Menstrual Health CPD - Teaching Assistant to Uma Dinsmore-Tuli, Oslo, Norway (2017)
- Donna Farhi Immersion: Spinal Integration - Donna Farhi, Gold Coast, Australia (2016)
- Somatic Bodywork Practitioner Training - Ateeka, Somatic Awareness Institute, Oslo, Norway (2016 - 2018)
- Relax and Renew® Restorative Yoga Teacher Training (Judith H. Lasater certified) - Adelene Cheong, Arundel, England (2016)
- Aqua Yoga Somatics: Natural Waters on Earth - Ateeka, Somatic Awareness Institute, Sardinia, Italy (2016)
- Well Woman Yoga Therapy (Womb Yoga) - Teaching Assistant to Uma Dinsmore-Tuli, Yogacampus, London, England (2016)
- Yoga Teacher Training and Living Food Chef Certification Course - Leader and Mentor with Radiantly Alive, Ubud, Bali (2016)
- Donna Farhi Immersion: Origins of Alignment - Donna Farhi, Edinburgh, Scotland (2016)
- Yoga Therapy for Better Sleep - Lisa Sanfilippo and Heather Mason, Yogacampus and The Minded Institute, London, England (2016)
- Yoga and Hypermobility - Jess Glenny, Edinburgh, Scotland (2016)
- Embodied Approaches to Psychotherapy - CONFER, London, England (2016)
- Aqua Yoga Somatics: Diving Deeper - Ateeka, Somatic Awareness Institute, Tuscany, Italy (2015)
- Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training - Judy Cameron, British Wheel of Yoga, Perth, Scotland (2015)
- Hypermobility on the Mat - Susanne Lahusen, Yogacampus, London, England (2015)
- Well Woman Yoga Therapy (Womb Yoga) - Uma Dinsmore-Tuli, Yogacampus, London, England (2015)
- Aqua Yoga Somatics: The Fluid Matrix - Somatic Awareness Institute, Cornwall, England (2015)
- Total Yoga Nidra - Uma Dinsmore-Tuli, Yogacampus, Stroud, England (2014)
- Restorative and Healing Yoga Teacher Training - Ateeka, Somatic Awareness Institute, Edinburgh, Scotland (2014)
- Into Life - Madhurima, Centre for Conscious Heart, Copenhagen, Denmark (2014)
- Yoga Therapeutics, Alignment and Adjustments: Level II Teacher Training - Chris Kummer, Damien de Bastier, Edward Clarke & Daniel Aaron - Ubud, Bali (2014)
- Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training - Jennifer More, Ubud, Bali (2013)
- Yoga Somatics Teacher Training - Ateeka, Somatic Awareness Institute, Oslo, Norway (2013 - 2015)
- The Hero's Journey - Body, Bhagavad Gita and Bhakti: Level II Teacher Training - Nicki Doane, Chris Kummer, Edward Clarke, Dave Stringer & Daniel Aaron - Ubud, Bali (2013)
- Yoga, Neuroscience and Mental Health - CONFER and The Minded Institute, London, England (2012)
- Tantsu (Somatic Bodywork) - Ateeka, Edinburgh, Scotland (2012)
- Yoga for Kids and Families - Cayetana Rodenas, Rainbow Kids Yoga, Edinburgh, Scotland (2012)
- Biomechanics and Yoga Therapy Teacher Training - Martin Kirk, Space + Light Yoga, Singapore (2012)
- Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training - Judy Cameron, British Wheel of Yoga, Dundee, Scotland (2011 - 2012)
- Yoga and Story (Philosophy and Mythology): Level II Teacher Training - Simon Borg-Oliver, Alanna Kaivalya, Chris Kummer, Edward Clarke, Dave Stringer & Daniel Aaron - Ubud, Bali (2011)
- Yoga Anatomy Teacher Training - Leslie Kaminoff, The Breathing Project, New York, USA (2011 - 2013)
- Being Yoga - Omega Institute, Rhinebeck, USA (2011)
- Yoga Teacher Training (300hr, Yoga Alliance RYT200) - Dena Kingsberg, Simon Borg-Oliver, Alanna Kaivalya, Chris Kummer, Edward Clarke, Emil Wendel & Daniel Aaron - Ubud, Bali (2010)
- Somatic Experiencing: Hanna Somatics, Yoga, and Feldenkrais Method - Bodyworks, Shanghai, China (2009)
- Functional Movement - Bodyworks, Shanghai, China (2008)
- Yoga Mentoring - Yama Yu, Shanghai, China (2008 - 2010)
- Attending Yoga Classes, Self-Practice, and Study - Beverley Bruce, Globally (1996 - current) ;-)